AW: [xenu-usergroup] strange output on report - Url write to browser is wrong+status bar is right

  • Fischer, Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 8:22 AM
      Hi Al,

      this is not so strange after all.

      A browser will evaluate
      as
      because "../" means "One directory up", but since this is already in the top position, there is no way to go but to stay.
      This is the link you see in the status bar.
      On the other hand
      would evaluate to
      and thus will fail.

      But Xenu is not a browser, it takes the link verbatim and sends it to the server.
      And the server answers:
      "400 Bad Request text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
      Hence the error.

      Hope this helps
      Thomas

      Message 2 of 3 , May 17 2:31 PM
        This is by design, Xenu will simulate an error 404 (see the error text
        in the xenu window) when you have "/../", i.e. that you link to
        something that is "too high". Even if a browser would be able to get
        that url correctly.

        Tilman