AW: [xenu-usergroup] Expressing Dublin Core metadata using HTML

  • Fischer, Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2010
      Hello,

      > The 302 probably comes because you have checked "treat
      > redirections as errors".
      >
      > Tilman

      The point is that here URIs (in the head section of the document) are treated as links, although they are no links (and needn't be) but identifiers in
      <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">.
      For an example, take
      http://www.MathGuide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/anzeige.pl?db=math&nr=005032&ew=SSGFI.

      Since I don't recall these to have appeared earlier, I assume something has changed inside of Xenu that these URIs are checked and reported as redirections. And since I want the redirections to be reported, I can't switch that off.
      Every single webpage which uses http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/ will use this or a similar construct, so this should be handled differently. A long list of every single page containing a redirection will help nobody.

      Cheers
      Thomas

      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2010

        I do check this link rel thing because its usually for CSS links.

        A solution for you would be to put
        http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
        in the exclusion list.

        But its kindof weird that you use something that starts with http (thus
        looks like a link to me, even if one can't click on it), and then
        doesn't work...

        Tilman

        On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:59:34 +0200, "Fischer, Thomas"