Re: [xenu-usergroup] Expressing Dublin Core metadata using HTML

    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2010
      The 302 probably comes because you have checked "treat redirections as
      errors".

      Tilman

      On Fri, 7 May 2010 11:10:40 +0200, "Fischer, Thomas"
      <fischer@...-goettingen.de> wrote:

      > Hi Tilman,
      >
      > we are using Dublin Core Metadata to present some of our data in machine
      > readable format, following the standard from
      > http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/. Now this profile carries a
      > definition
      > <head
      > profile="http://dublincore.org/documents/2008/08/04/dc-html/">
      > <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
      > where these URLs are less meant as links than as identifiers of the
      > standard used. But in my linkcheck I receive
      >
      > http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
      > redirected to: http://dublincore.org/2008/01/14/dcelements.rdf
      > status code: 302 (object temporarily moved)
      >
      > with about 4500 links. This is not really helpful, is there a way around
      > this?
      >
      > All the best
      > Thomas

    • Fischer, Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2010
        Hello,

        > The 302 probably comes because you have checked "treat
        > redirections as errors".
        >
        > Tilman

        The point is that here URIs (in the head section of the document) are treated as links, although they are no links (and needn't be) but identifiers in
        <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">.
        For an example, take
        http://www.MathGuide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/anzeige.pl?db=math&nr=005032&ew=SSGFI.

        Since I don't recall these to have appeared earlier, I assume something has changed inside of Xenu that these URIs are checked and reported as redirections. And since I want the redirections to be reported, I can't switch that off.
        Every single webpage which uses http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/ will use this or a similar construct, so this should be handled differently. A long list of every single page containing a redirection will help nobody.

        Cheers
        Thomas

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2010

          I do check this link rel thing because its usually for CSS links.

          A solution for you would be to put
          http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
          in the exclusion list.

          But its kindof weird that you use something that starts with http (thus
          looks like a link to me, even if one can't click on it), and then
          doesn't work...

          Tilman

          On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:59:34 +0200, "Fischer, Thomas"