Expressing Dublin Core metadata using HTML

  • Fischer, Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2010
      Hi Tilman,

      we are using Dublin Core Metadata to present some of our data in machine readable format, following the standard from http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/.
      Now this profile carries a definition
      <head profile="http://dublincore.org/documents/2008/08/04/dc-html/">
      <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
      where these URLs are less meant as links than as identifiers of the standard used.
      But in my linkcheck I receive

      http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
      redirected to: http://dublincore.org/2008/01/14/dcelements.rdf
      status code: 302 (object temporarily moved)

      with about 4500 links. This is not really helpful, is there a way around this?

      All the best
      Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2010
        The 302 probably comes because you have checked "treat redirections as
        errors".

        Tilman

        On Fri, 7 May 2010 11:10:40 +0200, "Fischer, Thomas"
        <fischer@...-goettingen.de> wrote:

        > Hi Tilman,
        >
        > we are using Dublin Core Metadata to present some of our data in machine
        > readable format, following the standard from
        > http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/. Now this profile carries a
        > definition
        > <head
        > profile="http://dublincore.org/documents/2008/08/04/dc-html/">
        > <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
        > where these URLs are less meant as links than as identifiers of the
        > standard used. But in my linkcheck I receive
        >
        > http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
        > redirected to: http://dublincore.org/2008/01/14/dcelements.rdf
        > status code: 302 (object temporarily moved)
        >
        > with about 4500 links. This is not really helpful, is there a way around
        > this?
        >
        > All the best
        > Thomas

      • Fischer, Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2010
          Hello,

          > The 302 probably comes because you have checked "treat
          > redirections as errors".
          >
          > Tilman

          The point is that here URIs (in the head section of the document) are treated as links, although they are no links (and needn't be) but identifiers in
          <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">.
          For an example, take
          http://www.MathGuide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/anzeige.pl?db=math&nr=005032&ew=SSGFI.

          Since I don't recall these to have appeared earlier, I assume something has changed inside of Xenu that these URIs are checked and reported as redirections. And since I want the redirections to be reported, I can't switch that off.
          Every single webpage which uses http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-html/ will use this or a similar construct, so this should be handled differently. A long list of every single page containing a redirection will help nobody.

          Cheers
          Thomas

          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2010

            I do check this link rel thing because its usually for CSS links.

            A solution for you would be to put
            http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
            in the exclusion list.

            But its kindof weird that you use something that starts with http (thus
            looks like a link to me, even if one can't click on it), and then
            doesn't work...

            Tilman

            On Fri, 7 May 2010 12:59:34 +0200, "Fischer, Thomas"