missusing canonical tag

  • Wolfgang
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2010
      i started using the canonical-tag to convince google to take the primary domain into his index.
      <link rel="canonical" href="..." />

      Unfortunately die domain doesn´t exist now but it will exist in a few days.
      Unlikely XENU checks the canonical-tag and lists an error for each page of my website.
      Is there some setting to command XENU to ignore the canonical?
      My XENU-Version: 1.3.5

      best regards
      Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2010
        On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:45:45 -0000, Wolfgang wrote:

        >Hi,
        >i started using the canonical-tag to convince google to take the primary domain into his index.
        ><link rel="canonical" href="..." />
        >

        >Unfortunately die domain doesn´t exist now but it will exist in a few days.
        >Unlikely XENU checks the canonical-tag and lists an error for each page of my website.
        >Is there some setting to command XENU to ignore the canonical?

        Use the exclusion feature in the initial dialogbox -> it would then
        ignore links to that "tomorrow" domain.

        Tilman