Re: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu keeps deleting itself?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6 10:56 PM
      No, Xenu does not delete itself. Maybe you're on a corporate system with
      some weird policies enabled.

      Tilman

      On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:07:34 -0800, Mark Findlay wrote:

      >Hi all,
      >

      >I am running Xenu 1.3.4 and about every 7 days or so, the executable
      >disappears on me. The icon remains on my desktop, and all the other files
      >that make up the installation remain, but the actual xenu.exe file is gone.
      >

      >Is the 1.3.4 version of Xenu a trial version? Does anyone else have any
      >similar experiences with Xenu auto-deleting itself?
      >

      >Thanks!
      >Mark

    • Mark Findlay
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6 11:33 PM

        No, I’m just on my home computer, and all other programs install and run just fine. Oddest thing I ever saw.

        Mark

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6 11:44 PM
          Another thing to try is that after it happens, look into the event logs
          in the control center, and into the logs of any security software
          (antivirus, antispy) you have installed to see if it mentions anything.

          Btw, the current version is 1.3.5,
          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/XENU.ZIP
          and there's also a nice beta here.