Xenu keeps deleting itself?

  • Mark Findlay
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010

      Hi all,

      I am running Xenu 1.3.4 and about every 7 days or so, the executable disappears on me. The icon remains on my desktop, and all the other files that make up the installation remain, but the actual xenu.exe file is gone.

      Is the 1.3.4 version of Xenu a trial version? Does anyone else have any similar experiences with Xenu auto-deleting itself?

      Thanks!
      Mark

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
        No, Xenu does not delete itself. Maybe you're on a corporate system with
        some weird policies enabled.

        Tilman

        On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:07:34 -0800, Mark Findlay wrote:

        >Hi all,
        >

        >I am running Xenu 1.3.4 and about every 7 days or so, the executable
        >disappears on me. The icon remains on my desktop, and all the other files
        >that make up the installation remain, but the actual xenu.exe file is gone.
        >

        >Is the 1.3.4 version of Xenu a trial version? Does anyone else have any
        >similar experiences with Xenu auto-deleting itself?
        >

        >Thanks!
        >Mark

      • Mark Findlay
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010

          No, I’m just on my home computer, and all other programs install and run just fine. Oddest thing I ever saw.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2010
            Another thing to try is that after it happens, look into the event logs
            in the control center, and into the logs of any security software
            (antivirus, antispy) you have installed to see if it mentions anything.

            Btw, the current version is 1.3.5,
            http://home.snafu.de/tilman/XENU.ZIP
            and there's also a nice beta here.