let's use *standard* regex library

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2004
      Tilman ,

      can we use famous and standard PCRE.dll library instead of the one you found
      on www.codeguru.com ?

      PCRE stands for "perl compatible regular expressions".
      PCRE was originally written for the Exim MTA, but is now used by many
      high-profile open source projects, including Python, Apache, PHP, KDE,
      Postfix, Analog, and nmap. It is also used in The Bat! mailreader - though
      not as a standalone DLL but as an integral part of EXE file.

      It can be taken from www.pcre.org, more exactly,
      from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/pcre-4.4-bin.zip?download
      (size =222Kb). Just select download mirror and you can go.

      For regexp debuggers:
      A regexp tester testing _exactly_ this_library_ behaviour can be taken from
      http://files.nobat.ru/uploads/1095789723/pcrechecker.rar
      (size = 11kb)

      Regards,
      Eugeny
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2004
        On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:46:16 +0400, Eugeny.Sattler@... wrote:

        >Tilman ,
        >
        >can we use famous and standard PCRE.dll library instead of the one you found
        >on www.codeguru.com ?

        Not at this time. I'm quite happy with codeguru and codeproject, they
        have helped me a lot both privately and professionally. The class I'm
        using is so good that my new code is very short:

        // 2.10.2004 Javascript?
        CString m_csJavascript = AfxGetApp()->GetProfileString
        ("Options", "Javascript");
        if (pcsLink->Left(11) == "javascript:" &&
        !m_csJavascript.IsEmpty())
        {
        Regexp reXenu (m_csJavascript);
        if (reXenu.Match(*pcsLink))
        {
        *pcsLink = reXenu[1];
        }
        }

        It still cost me many hours, this was the discussion here :)