Re: [xenu-usergroup] Code that reads zip files

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
      This is almost 5 years too late, but I finally had a look. This library
      just about compressing or uncompressing one file.

      What I'd need, is a C source code that can look in a .jar file, and can
      tell what's in it (just a directory + file list).

      Tilman

      On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:48:22 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:

      >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      >> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:20:26 -0500, Richard A. DeVenezia wrote:
      >>> http://www.artpol-software.com/
      >>> " The commercial license is available free of charge for using
      >>> ZipArchive library in:
      >>> - freeware software (freeware is software that is available free of
      >>> charge, but which is copyrighted by the developer, who retains the
      >>> right to control its redistribution and to sell it in the future)
      >>> "
      >>
      >> But as soon as I sell it, I would have to publish the source code :-(
      >
      >There is always something else, mayhap http://www.zlib.net, maybe not MFC
      >and directly .zip ready, but how far off could it be?
      >Per zlib.h
      >
      ><quote>
      >* zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library
      > version 1.0.4, Jul 24th, 1996.
      >
      > Copyright (C) 1995-1996 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
      >
      > This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
      > warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
      > arising from the use of this software.
      >
      > Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
      > including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
      > freely, subject to the following restrictions:
      >
      > 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
      > claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
      > in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
      > appreciated but is not required.
      > 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
      > misrepresented as being the original software.
      > 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
      >
      > Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler
      > gzip@... madler@...
      ></quote>
      >
      >Regardless,
      >Thank you for Xenu, its a great piece of software.
      >
      >Richard
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Daniel Norton
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
        On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
        What I'd need, is a C source code that can look in a .jar file, and can tell what's in it (just a directory + file list)

        Won't Info-ZIP do it?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Info-ZIP
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 13, 2010
          Thanks, I had a short look at the text files. I was even able to compile
          it (on the first attempt!) and get unzip.exe. When I have more time I'll
          try to isolate what I need (I have to chose from 21 source files).
          Thanks again!

          Tilman

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 17, 2010
            This was really huge. I think that I found something small:
            http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_mfc/article.php/c4049/

            And I also made a new beta that can work with a class in an APPLET
            ARCHIVE