RE: [xenu-usergroup] checking links in javascript - different regex results

    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 7 5:23 AM
      > I want to understand how the regex fits into Xenu code, doesn't Tilmans
      > regex require three parts:

      > 1. the first part of the URL, minus the extension
      > 2. the extension
      > 3. the ? with parameters (optional)
      >
      > perhaps his code combines these three parts into the full URL, which is then
      > spidered.

      > A new regex might require an update of the xenu code, tilman, is that
      > correct? (or am I seeing things?)

      No, my regular expression is to be set in the INI file. Which you did when
      testing.

      I might update Xenu for other reasons, like more flexibility, and a test
      facility. But I'm quite busy now.

      Requirements for the regular expression:
      1) Correct syntax
      2) it must "match" the javascript: expression (including "javascript:")
      3) the *first* substring within () should be the address that you want to be
      checked instead of the javascript: thing.

      Xenu itself does not "require" the regular expression to match the extension
      of the address inside, but the regular expression might (mine does).

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)