Merry Christmas

  • Richard Warnock
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
      On a completely different subject, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all, what ever you may celebrate.

      And Thank You, Tilman, for the gift that keeps on giving.

      Richard Warnock

    • AL Guevara
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
        Understood Tilman. I assumed you had it that way for security purposes, not time issues. An I undestand time issues for sure.

        Thanks anyhow.

        Al Guevara

        From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
        To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Option to remember FTP password

        >On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, Al Guevara wrote:

        >>Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

        >No... I have no experience with encryption programming (although I'm a
        >heavy user of encryption software), and I'd want to store the password
        >encrypted in the INI file, and never display it again.

        >So lets consider this:
        >You spend maybe 1 minute every week / month to enter that ftp password.

        >compared with

        >I spend a day or two to understand the windows encryption API, or try to
        >find an example at codeguru/codeproject.com, and integrate it into Xenu.

        >Tilman

        >>Thanks Tillman
        >>
        >>Al Guevara
        >>Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)

        ><*> Your email settings:
        >    Individual Email | Traditional

        ><*> To change settings online go to:
        >    (Yahoo! ID required)

        ><*> To change settings via email:
        >    xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
        >    xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        >    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Marisa Ciceran
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
          I am a week behind, but better late than never. I wish the best of the Christmas and New Year's season to all, especially to Tilman!

          Marisa