Re: [xenu-usergroup] Option to remember FTP password

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
      On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, Al Guevara wrote:

      >Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

      No... I have no experience with encryption programming (although I'm a
      heavy user of encryption software), and I'd want to store the password
      encrypted in the INI file, and never display it again.

      So lets consider this:
      You spend maybe 1 minute every week / month to enter that ftp password.

      compared with

      I spend a day or two to understand the windows encryption API, or try to
      find an example at codeguru/codeproject.com, and integrate it into Xenu.

      Tilman

      >Thanks Tillman
      >
      >Al Guevara
      >Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)

    • Richard Warnock
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
        On a completely different subject, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all, what ever you may celebrate.

        And Thank You, Tilman, for the gift that keeps on giving.

        Richard Warnock

      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
          Understood Tilman. I assumed you had it that way for security purposes, not time issues. An I undestand time issues for sure.

          Thanks anyhow.

          Al Guevara

          From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
          To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Option to remember FTP password

          >On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, Al Guevara wrote:

          >>Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

          >No... I have no experience with encryption programming (although I'm a
          >heavy user of encryption software), and I'd want to store the password
          >encrypted in the INI file, and never display it again.

          >So lets consider this:
          >You spend maybe 1 minute every week / month to enter that ftp password.

          >compared with

          >I spend a day or two to understand the windows encryption API, or try to
          >find an example at codeguru/codeproject.com, and integrate it into Xenu.

          >Tilman

          >>Thanks Tillman
          >>
          >>Al Guevara
          >>Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)

          ><*> Your email settings:
          >    Individual Email | Traditional

          ><*> To change settings online go to:
          >    (Yahoo! ID required)

          ><*> To change settings via email:
          >    xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
          >    xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          >    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Marisa Ciceran
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
            I am a week behind, but better late than never. I wish the best of the Christmas and New Year's season to all, especially to Tilman!

            Marisa