Option to remember FTP password

  • Al Guevara
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2009
      Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

      Thanks Tillman

      Al Guevara
      Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
        On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, Al Guevara wrote:

        >Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

        No... I have no experience with encryption programming (although I'm a
        heavy user of encryption software), and I'd want to store the password
        encrypted in the INI file, and never display it again.

        So lets consider this:
        You spend maybe 1 minute every week / month to enter that ftp password.

        compared with

        I spend a day or two to understand the windows encryption API, or try to
        find an example at codeguru/codeproject.com, and integrate it into Xenu.

        Tilman

        >Thanks Tillman
        >
        >Al Guevara
        >Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)

      • Richard Warnock
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
          On a completely different subject, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to one and all, what ever you may celebrate.

          And Thank You, Tilman, for the gift that keeps on giving.

          Richard Warnock

        • AL Guevara
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 25, 2009
            Understood Tilman. I assumed you had it that way for security purposes, not time issues. An I undestand time issues for sure.

            Thanks anyhow.

            Al Guevara

            From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
            To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Option to remember FTP password

            >On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, Al Guevara wrote:

            >>Is it possible to add this as an OPTION, in Options?

            >No... I have no experience with encryption programming (although I'm a
            >heavy user of encryption software), and I'd want to store the password
            >encrypted in the INI file, and never display it again.

            >So lets consider this:
            >You spend maybe 1 minute every week / month to enter that ftp password.

            >compared with

            >I spend a day or two to understand the windows encryption API, or try to
            >find an example at codeguru/codeproject.com, and integrate it into Xenu.

            >Tilman

            >>Thanks Tillman
            >>
            >>Al Guevara
            >>Merry Xmas (from a 1/2 and 1/2, half-hearted athiest/believer)

            ><*> Your email settings:
            >    Individual Email | Traditional

            ><*> To change settings online go to:
            >    (Yahoo! ID required)

            ><*> To change settings via email:
            >    xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
            >    xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            >    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Marisa Ciceran
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2010
              I am a week behind, but better late than never. I wish the best of the Christmas and New Year's season to all, especially to Tilman!

              Marisa