new beta

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009

      Those of you who like to test beta versions, or like to do me a favor,
      please test this version:

      There is not much that is new. I have included a segment that was
      previously only on request, which deals with "foreign" URLs. But I'd
      like to be sure that everything else still runs fine as usual.

      Tilman
    • Jack Stringer
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009
        I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
        a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
        it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
        circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.

        Jack
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009
          On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:03:55 +0000, Jack Stringer wrote:

          >I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
          >a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
          >it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
          >circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.

          You should try to find out why it is going in circles (or rather, adding
          URLs again and again). Could it be a session id?

          Tilman

          >Jack

        • Jack Stringer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2009
            Tilman Hausherr wrote:
            > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:03:55 +0000, Jack Stringer wrote:
            >
            >> I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
            >> a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
            >> it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
            >> circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.
            >
            > You should try to find out why it is going in circles (or rather, adding
            > URLs again and again). Could it be a session id?

            Its got Session Ids so its likely that which is causing issues. I tried
            to do a scan on it last night. Got 31,644 URLs and it got up to 17,991
            before I stopped it. The site only has about 300 products.

            Jack Stringer
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 21, 2009
              You might try to enable cookies (see on the xenu website), but make sure
              that you aren't logged in or so, so that it doesn't order or delete
              something.

              Tilman