Re: [xenu-usergroup] Question about different logins for one website

  • Shiner
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
      Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

      Hello,

      I have a question and haven't found the answer so far.

      I want to check a website with login. That works so far (good and
      thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using a different
      login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
      Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to the
      users, so I have to check always both versions.

      Is there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
      login with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
      Also I won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
      from IE, but that didn't work either.

      Is there a posibility for direct access to the login information like
      the ini file? Or any othe hints what I might try to achieve my different
      logins?

      Have you tried clearing IE's cache / stored cookie's prior to running it with the new login ?
      It'll be a function of IE rather than Xenu I would guess.

      Regards

      Chris
    • Liebermann, Anja Carolin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
        Hi Chris,

        yes I already tried that and it didn't help. Although I did it without a reboot of the whole machine.
        Since I do those tests on a weekly basis I would hate to delete all of the local settings twice.

        Anja

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
          You might want to try this solution:

          Note that the FORM query string isn't saved in the INI file, so you'll
          have to enter it by hand or with copy & paste.

          Tilman

          On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:15:46 +0100, Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

          >Hello,
          >
          >I have a question and haven't found the answer so far.
          >
          >I want to check a website with login. That works so far (good and
          >thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using a different
          >login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
          >Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to the
          >users, so I have to check always both versions.
          >
          >Is there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
          >login with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
          >Also I won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
          >from IE, but that didn't work either.
          >
          >Is there a posibility for direct access to the login information like
          >the ini file? Or any othe hints what I might try to achieve my different
          >logins?
          >
          >Thanks
          >
          >Anja

        • Liebermann, Anja Carolin
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009
            Thanks for the answer. It seems to work. Some of the weird results I get are ( I guess) due to the setup of this website which goes against the intended use of the WCMS. But that is another problem, which shouldn't bother anybody here.

            By the way I am using Xenu now for years and I am happy that you are now developing new versions of it again. Thanks a lot!

            Anja

            Note that the FORM query string isn't saved in the INI file, so you'll
            have to enter it by hand or with copy & paste.

            Tilman

            On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:15:46 +0100, Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

            >Hello,
            >
            >I have a question and haven't found the
            answer so far.

            >I want to check a website with login. That works
            so far (good and
            >thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using
            a different
            >login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
            >Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to
            the
            >users, so I have to check always both versions.
            >
            >Is
            there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
            >login
            with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
            >Also I
            won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
            >from
            IE, but that didn't work either.

            >Is there a posibility for
            direct access to the login information like
            >the ini file? Or any othe
            hints what I might try to achieve my different
            >logins?
            >
            >Thanks
            >
            >Anja

            >Yahoo!