Question about different logins for one website

  • Liebermann, Anja Carolin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
      Hello,

      I have a question and haven't found the answer so far.

      I want to check a website with login. That works so far (good and
      thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using a different
      login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
      Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to the
      users, so I have to check always both versions.

      Is there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
      login with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
      Also I won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
      from IE, but that didn't work either.

      Is there a posibility for direct access to the login information like
      the ini file? Or any othe hints what I might try to achieve my different
      logins?

      Thanks

      Anja
    • Shiner
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
        Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

        Hello,

        I have a question and haven't found the answer so far.

        I want to check a website with login. That works so far (good and
        thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using a different
        login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
        Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to the
        users, so I have to check always both versions.

        Is there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
        login with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
        Also I won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
        from IE, but that didn't work either.

        Is there a posibility for direct access to the login information like
        the ini file? Or any othe hints what I might try to achieve my different
        logins?

        Have you tried clearing IE's cache / stored cookie's prior to running it with the new login ?
        It'll be a function of IE rather than Xenu I would guess.

        Regards

        Chris
      • Liebermann, Anja Carolin
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
          Hi Chris,

          yes I already tried that and it didn't help. Although I did it without a reboot of the whole machine.
          Since I do those tests on a weekly basis I would hate to delete all of the local settings twice.

          Anja

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
            You might want to try this solution:

            Note that the FORM query string isn't saved in the INI file, so you'll
            have to enter it by hand or with copy & paste.

            Tilman

            On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:15:46 +0100, Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

            >Hello,
            >
            >I have a question and haven't found the answer so far.
            >
            >I want to check a website with login. That works so far (good and
            >thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using a different
            >login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
            >Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to the
            >users, so I have to check always both versions.
            >
            >Is there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
            >login with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
            >Also I won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
            >from IE, but that didn't work either.
            >
            >Is there a posibility for direct access to the login information like
            >the ini file? Or any othe hints what I might try to achieve my different
            >logins?
            >
            >Thanks
            >
            >Anja

          • Liebermann, Anja Carolin
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009
              Thanks for the answer. It seems to work. Some of the weird results I get are ( I guess) due to the setup of this website which goes against the intended use of the WCMS. But that is another problem, which shouldn't bother anybody here.

              By the way I am using Xenu now for years and I am happy that you are now developing new versions of it again. Thanks a lot!

              Anja

              Note that the FORM query string isn't saved in the INI file, so you'll
              have to enter it by hand or with copy & paste.

              Tilman

              On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:15:46 +0100, Liebermann, Anja Carolin wrote:

              >Hello,
              >
              >I have a question and haven't found the
              answer so far.

              >I want to check a website with login. That works
              so far (good and
              >thanks!). But now I want to check the same website using
              a different
              >login and can't change the useraccount Xenu is using.
              >Depending on the login a completely different site is shown to
              the
              >users, so I have to check always both versions.
              >
              >Is
              there a posibillity to change the login? What I already tried is
              >login
              with IE differently and then start xenu again, which didn't work.
              >Also I
              won't get asked again. I also removed all saved login information
              >from
              IE, but that didn't work either.

              >Is there a posibility for
              direct access to the login information like
              >the ini file? Or any othe
              hints what I might try to achieve my different
              >logins?
              >
              >Thanks
              >
              >Anja

              >Yahoo!