Exporting all outgoing URLs

  • swschilke
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2009
      Dear all.

      thank you for this great tool!

      I started to play around with the XENU Linkchecker and I might have overlooked something but how can I export (e.g., CSV or one URL a line) all external URLs to my site in a file?

      Kind regards

      .
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2009
        Try the export feature in the menu. Then filter the results.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009

          Those of you who like to test beta versions, or like to do me a favor,
          please test this version:

          There is not much that is new. I have included a segment that was
          previously only on request, which deals with "foreign" URLs. But I'd
          like to be sure that everything else still runs fine as usual.

          Tilman
        • Jack Stringer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009
            I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
            a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
            it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
            circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.

            Jack
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 17, 2009
              On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:03:55 +0000, Jack Stringer wrote:

              >I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
              >a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
              >it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
              >circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.

              You should try to find out why it is going in circles (or rather, adding
              URLs again and again). Could it be a session id?

              Tilman

              >Jack

            • Jack Stringer
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2009
                Tilman Hausherr wrote:
                > On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:03:55 +0000, Jack Stringer wrote:
                >
                >> I am running a online shop for a local firm and I thought Xenu would be
                >> a good way to help make a google sitemap but when I ran it on the site
                >> it came up with thousands of links and seems like it was going in
                >> circles. Anyone else got experience of using it on Open Commerce site.
                >
                > You should try to find out why it is going in circles (or rather, adding
                > URLs again and again). Could it be a session id?

                Its got Session Ids so its likely that which is causing issues. I tried
                to do a scan on it last night. Got 31,644 URLs and it got up to 17,991
                before I stopped it. The site only has about 300 products.

                Jack Stringer
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 21, 2009
                  You might try to enable cookies (see on the xenu website), but make sure
                  that you aren't logged in or so, so that it doesn't order or delete
                  something.

                  Tilman