Re: [xenu-usergroup] you made it Tillman

  • AL Guevara
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
      I here you Tilman.
      But its pretty damn cool to make it in a NON PUBLIC editable page in G! Some folk would KILL for that advantage.

      Exact phrase Yahoo ONLY search
      IE: "xenu link sleuth" site:yahoo.com

      http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkwVWsBJLqhEAkKlXNyoA?p=%22xenu+link+sleuth%22+site%3Ayahoo.com&fr2=sb-top&fr=ie8&sao=1

      Exact phrase Google ONLY search
      IE: "xenu link sleuth" site:google.com
      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&q=%22xenu+link+sleuth%22+site%3Agoogle.com&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

      Not bad!

      You should start charging.

      Al Guevara

      From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] you made it Tillman

      >On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 1:57:06 -0700, AL Guevara wrote:

      >> In Google!
      >>
      >>http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8310
      >5

      >Wow, this made my day!

      >The only thing that would make it better, would be that McAfee would
      >stop listing Xenu as "Trojan Artemis".

    • swschilke
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
        Have you tried sending them the file with a message that it is not a virus?

        Pls. see here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/6994 for an email address.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2009
          On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:03:32 -0000, swschilke wrote:

          >Have you tried sending them the file with a message that it is not a virus?

          Yes I did. I got a reply saying that it is not a virus. A few days
          later, I tried again on virustotal.com and its still listed as malware.
          So I responded to the mail and complained, and got a mail that they have
          "escalated" the issue to "senior" engineering. I just retested today on
          virustotal.com, Xenu is still considered to be malware.

          It is not the first time that I have had trouble with McAfee. Last time
          was 2008, when McAfee Siteadvisor had temporarly redflagged the whole
          snafu.de domain (my ISP) because of some outdated software that my ISP
          had on its ftp site.

          I bought a new PC recently. The very first thing I did was to delete the
          free McAfee software and install the product of another company :-)

          Tilman

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 18, 2009
            Good news: according to virustotal.com, McAfee no longer considers Xenu
            to be malware.

            Tilman