Automating Xenu

  • bastrouse
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
      Does anyone know how to automate Xenu checks with a script?

      Thanks,
      Blake
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
        On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 03:41:19 -0000, bastrouse wrote:

        >Does anyone know how to automate Xenu checks with a script?

        Some people don't know that there is a drop-down combo box that shows
        all the URLs they tried before in the normal version.

        You could use the $300 corporate version (which I almost never sell) to
        use the command line feature... but even *I* never use it :) It allows
        also to save the report, or to email it.

        A free trial of the corporate version is available, it will have the
        feature until the end of september 2004. I've put it up in the yahoo
        file area at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linksleuthupdates/files/
        it has also all the current "beta" features.

        Syntax:

        xenu -url http://www.hp.com -report blah.html

        or

        xenu -url http://www.hp.com -export export.tab

        it will use the "include" / "exclude" / mail settings that it had for
        the last manual run of http://www.hp.com . It's that simple :-)