Re: [xenu-usergroup] Delay

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
      On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:28:35 +0100, Tono wrote:

      >Hi
      >
      >There are some websites hard to get links.
      >
      >I think about a nice feature for next release:
      >
      >To be able to put a delay between request. Ie: to put 0.45 sec or 2.45 sec. Some websites disconnect if you make request quickly.
      >
      >Thanks

      An easier solution would be to move to a more professional web hoster.

      Tilman
    • Tono
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
        I do not use Xenu for my own websites. I use Xenu for another websites, for knowing what and how many files have.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
          On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:00:49 +0100, Tono wrote:

          >I do not use Xenu for my own websites. I use Xenu for another websites, for knowing what and how many files have.

          Then ask the owners of these websites to change their server settings
          :-)
          Obviously, there's a reason that they don't want so many requests...

          Tilman

        • Tono
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
            Could you put the "delay" option for next release?

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
              On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:53:57 +0100, Tono wrote:

              >Could you put the "delay" option for next release?

              No; it would take several hours of work. Plus, it would acomplish
              something that the web site owner doesn't want you to do.

              Tilman