Delay

  • Tono
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
      Hi

      There are some websites hard to get links.

      I think about a nice feature for next release:

      To be able to put a delay between request. Ie: to put 0.45 sec or 2.45 sec. Some websites disconnect if you make request quickly.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
        On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:28:35 +0100, Tono wrote:

        >Hi
        >
        >There are some websites hard to get links.
        >
        >I think about a nice feature for next release:
        >
        >To be able to put a delay between request. Ie: to put 0.45 sec or 2.45 sec. Some websites disconnect if you make request quickly.
        >
        >Thanks

        An easier solution would be to move to a more professional web hoster.

        Tilman
      • Tono
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
          I do not use Xenu for my own websites. I use Xenu for another websites, for knowing what and how many files have.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
            On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:00:49 +0100, Tono wrote:

            >I do not use Xenu for my own websites. I use Xenu for another websites, for knowing what and how many files have.

            Then ask the owners of these websites to change their server settings
            :-)
            Obviously, there's a reason that they don't want so many requests...

            Tilman

          • Tono
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
              Could you put the "delay" option for next release?

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 28, 2009
                On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:53:57 +0100, Tono wrote:

                >Could you put the "delay" option for next release?

                No; it would take several hours of work. Plus, it would acomplish
                something that the web site owner doesn't want you to do.

                Tilman