Re: checking links in javascript - different regex results

    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 6, 2004
      hi eugeny,

      using your regex from an earlier mail:

      javascript:\w+\s*\(\s*['\"]((?:ftp|https?)://[^'\"]+?)['\"](?:\s*,[^,]
      +?\s*)*\s*\);

      xenu crashes after a while.

      leaving out the (?:ftp|https?):// part, to catch relative ULRs too, i
      get the same result, Xenu crashes.

      i am studying your regex closely, would love to have an explanation.

      - why do you have an \ in ['\"] ?

      - what does ?: mean? you use it twice, is that Perl?

      when i validate your regex with the regex tester found at
      www.forta.com, it nicely captured a URL such as

      javascript:openWin
      ('http://www.intel.com/products/benchmarks/notebook/index.htm','700','
      600','auto','no','no','yes','5','5','win');

      is the regex you gave correct to be used by Xenu, or should it be
      fine tuned?

      thanks for your help!

      frank

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)