Timezone in Date/Time in Xenu Window

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 25, 2009
      [3rd attempt, 1st and 2nd didn't seem to go thru]

      It seems that Xenu has wrongly been reporting the time of the websites
      it checked.

      I'd like to make an experiment.

      You need:
      - to live outside Europe (If you don't know what "Europe" is, then you
      probably do :-))
      - firefox
      - a simple (no CMS, no blog!), windows-based website on which you have
      direct access (e.g. with remote terminal), alternatively a local website
      ( example with Tomcat: http://127.0.0.1:8080/RELEASE-NOTES.txt, the
      file is on %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\ROOT\RELEASE-NOTES.txt )

      Chose a .html or .txt file from your website.
      1) Write down the date & time as it appears in Windows explorer.
      2) Access the page with firefox. Click the right mouse key, then "View
      Page Info", write down the date & time as it appears in the dialogbox.
      3) Check the page with Xenu, stop Xenu as soon as the URL is green.
      Write down the date & time as it appears in the Xenu window.

      Now tell me these three date/time combinations, and tell me your
      timezone, and how it differs from GMT. (If you don't know, tell me the
      next big city where you live)

      Tilman
    • Warren Van Orden
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2009

        Chose a .html or .txt file from your website. http://www.socceraudio.com/default.htm

        1) Write down the date & time as it appears in Windows explorer.  5/16/2009 8:24 AM

        2) Access the page with firefox. Click the right mouse key, then "View

        Page Info", write down the date & time as it appears in the dialogbox. Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:24:34 AM

        3) Check the page with Xenu, stop Xenu as soon as the URL is green.

        Write down the date & time as it appears in the Xenu window. 16.05.2009 15:24:04

        (Same results with Xenu 1.2b and 1.2h)

        Now tell me these three date/time combinations, and tell me your

        timezone, and how it differs from GMT.   Pacific Time (-7 including daylight savings)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 2009
          Thank you! I have made a new version
          which should display the time with the local "bias" added / substracted.
          This means that users around the world will get different time values
          for the same URL.

          Tilman