Re: What does Timeout mean?

  • penelope.bellegarde
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10 9:35 AM
      Hi Thomas,

      Thank you for your question, actually I was surprised to see that some of the urls I got back were not from my site so I have now unticked the check external links box.
      These urls that I got but that were not from my site, are they urls sending traffic to my site?...

      Thank you very much
      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...> wrote:

      > Hi Penelope,
      >
      > are all this URLs from your site?
      > Or are you checking outgoing URLs as well? (This is controlled by tthe
      > "Check external links" in the starting panel.)
      > Another option might be URLs dynamically created, e.g. if you have a CMS
      > providing the same page under different URLs. To work on this, you might
      > need to use the "Do not check any URLs beginning with this:" feature, which
      > is a little bit advanced.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Thomas
      >

      > _____

    • penelope.bellegarde
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 10 9:38 AM
        Hi Tilman,

        I have unticked the check external links box so hopefully I should get less urls
        I am fairly new to this process so I do appreciate you and the other group's users coming back to me so quickly!

        Thanks

        Penelope

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 10 9:46 AM
          On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:38:54 -0000, penelope.bellegarde wrote:

          >Hi Tilman,
          >
          >I have unticked the check external links box so hopefully I should get less urls

          No, they will still appear, but they won't be checked.

          Tilman

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 10 9:46 AM
            On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:35:25 -0000, penelope.bellegarde wrote:

            >Hi Thomas,
            >
            >Thank you for your question, actually I was surprised to see that some of the urls I got back were not from my site so I have now unticked the check external links box.
            >These urls that I got but that were not from my site, are they urls sending traffic to my site?...

            No, these are external URLs you link to.

            Tilman