Link sleuth finished - dialog box

  • tarastockford
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
      Hi Tilman

      Is it possible to disable the 'Link sleuth finished. Do you want a report?' dialog box, so it doesn't appear automatically at the end of each link check?

      Thanks

      Tara
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
        On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:53:09 -0000, tarastockford wrote:

        >Hi Tilman
        >
        >Is it possible to disable the 'Link sleuth finished. Do you want a report?' dialog box, so it doesn't appear automatically at the end of each link check?

        No - and I'm not planning to change that. If I change it, many people
        will ask for support because they have changed the option and don't
        remember :-( Plus, it would cost a few hours to make that change, but
        YOU only lose one second to press "YES".

        Tilman

        >Thanks
        >
        >Tara

      • Abhishek Chaurasiya
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2009
          If i am testing links of big application like 1.5 lakhs links, Tool going hang.
          Is there any other option to test the links of big application or any other add ons for Xenu.

          On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 09:53:09 -0000, tarastockford wrote:

          >Hi Tilman
          >
          >Is it possible to disable the 'Link sleuth finished. Do you want a report?' dialog box, so it doesn't appear automatically at the end of each link check?

          No - and I'm not planning to change that. If I change it, many people
          will ask for support because they have changed the option and don't
          remember :-( Plus, it would cost a few hours to make that change, but
          YOU only lose one second to press "YES".

          Tilman

          >Thanks
          >
          >Tara

          Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2009
            On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:19:00 +0530 (IST), Abhishek Chaurasiya wrote:

            >If i am testing links of big application like 1.5 lakhs links, Tool going hang.

            After a look at wikipedia, I assume this means 150000 links.

            >Is there any other option to test the links of big application or any other add ons for Xenu.

            If Xenu hangs when starting the report, then the reason is probably the
            site map. Disable the site map or use the current version, which has an
            abort box while the site map is created.

            Tilman

          • Abhishek Chaurasiya
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2009

              Can u please send me latest version download link. well currently i m using version 1.3.
              So is it there any other version.

              On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:19:00 +0530 (IST), Abhishek Chaurasiya wrote:

              >If i am testing links of big application like 1.5 lakhs links, Tool going hang.

              After a look at wikipedia, I assume this means 150000 links.

              >Is there any other option to test the links of big application or any other add ons for Xenu.

              If Xenu hangs when starting the report, then the reason is probably the
              site map. Disable the site map or use the current version, which has an
              abort box while the site map is created.

              Tilman

              Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India Travel Click here!
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
                On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:34:38 +0530 (IST), Abhishek Chaurasiya wrote:

                >Hi,
                >
                >Can u please send me latest version download link. well currently i m using version 1.3.
                >So is it there any other version.

                The current one is 1.3c
                http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#Download

                Tilman

              • Abhishek Chaurasiya
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009

                  Ok Thanks , i got . but where is " abort option " n please tell me one thing more how can i disable the site map .

                  Thanks

                  On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:34:38 +0530 (IST), Abhishek Chaurasiya wrote:

                  >Hi,
                  >
                  >Can u please send me latest version download link. well currently i m using version 1.3.
                  >So is it there any other version.

                  The current one is 1.3c
                  http://home. snafu.de/ tilman/xenulink. html#Download

                  Tilman

                  Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
                    On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:21:16 +0530 (IST), Abhishek Chaurasiya wrote:

                    >Ok Thanks , i got . but where is " abort option " n please tell me one thing more how can i disable the site map .

                    In the option dialog.

                    Tilman