Re: [xenu-usergroup] Suggestions for using with htaccess

    Message 1 of 10 , May 18, 2009
      I don't know. The dialogbox from IE has a checkbox to "remember" the
      password (you mention it). Maybe you're running some weird personal
      firewall? They often suck. Look into the protocols, maybe you'll find
      something...

      Tilman

    • Craig Talbert
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31 4:53 PM
        FYI, if anyone is holding their breath, I'm having the same problem on Windows 7 that I did non Vista.

        I also tried this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820780 but didn't have any success. :(

        - Craig

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31 11:06 PM
          Other things to try:
          - set cookies (don't do it if hits can delete something)
          - try with a computer that has XP
          - if you can, set up test login for me that can't do much and doesn't
          give away any trade secrets, but would show the behaviour even with
          threads set to 1
          - and of course what I already said "look into the protocols" - try with
          "fiddler". As far as I remember, .htaccess doesn't encrypt.
          Maybe the cause is that MSIE sees all the authentication requests as a
          different one?

          Tilman