Bug Report -- problems with PDF and MS word Titles

  • xamaxdc
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      no problem spidering my site, and finding links.
      But I am having trouble with Xenu not getting the titles correct
      for PDF's and Word Documents.
      it seems to prefer the link text over the document title stored in the PDF or the MS word file.

      example

      filename: RA_1st_floor.PDF
      PDF version 1.6
      Title: RA1 Floor Plan
      Subject: Building Map RA 1st Floor

      but Xenu returns this as the Title
      1st

      which does matches the link text.

      is there a way to have it use the title from the document properties instead ?

      thanks
      Michael Charbonneau
      Westat
      Rockville MD
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        Xenu does not download non-html documents. Thus, it doesn't know the
        document title.

        Tilman