Re: checking links in javascript

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 4, 2004
      Frank ,

      I strongly recommend you to download a trial version of PowerGREP from
      www.powergrep.com
      It contains an excellent manual in PDF format on building regexes.
      While the shareware will stop functioning in 14 days, the manual will always
      be with you.
      If you read that manual your questions about regexes will disappear.

      I find it unreasonable to list file extension inside regex like
      (exe|zip|[jm]pe?g|rar|gif)
      as well as listing top domains like (uk|de|nl|com|net|org|biz|info)

      This lists can get unwieldy long, hardly manageable, inefficient to process
      by Xeny or what.
      There are too many top domains (just think of all country codes!)
      There are too many file extensions, yet many more to come.

      I have already suggested a universal solution, so constructs like
      (exe|zip|[jm]pe?g|rar|gif) or (uk|de|nl|com|net|org|biz|info) are not
      necessary anymore.
      [^'\"] will catch any symbol that is not a single quote and not a double
      quote.
      And [^'\"]+ will catch any string of non-quotes.
      Simple and universal.

      Eugeny
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)