new beta

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8 12:20 PM
      There's a new beta here:
      I've decided to include the "PARSETEST" feature in the regular version.
      This feature suppresses the conversion of "%xx" in non-file-URLs, which
      I originally did because it "looked nice".
      The reason is that some URLs have a "%" that must stay there, and I've
      had complaints about this for years.

      Examples:
      1)
      http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%25.doc
      with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
      http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%.doc
      which does not work.

      2)
      http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B%26Bs+and+guesthouses
      with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
      http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B&Bs+and+guesthouses
      which does not work.

      So it would be nice to test this new version on your website, even if
      you don't have such weird URLs, just to be sure it works properly with
      the general public.

      Note: don't use this beta if you received the PARSETEST2 version (use of
      characters >80Hex in URLs) or PARSETEST3 version (problems with
      redirections), this are different issues.

      There are no major improvements, but some small bug fixes, and some
      memory use improvements.

      Tilman
    • Tono
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8 1:21 PM
        Does it have the wildcard feature?

        Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 9 9:15 AM
          On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:21:56 +0200, Tono wrote:

          >Does it have the wildcard feature?
          >
          >Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

          This one, I just made and uploaded it.
          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuwild.zip