Re: new feature request

  • xamaxdc
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 17, 2009
      For link checking that is what we do actually.
      currently I am using Xenu to build out a link database
      to track each page as it gets converted into a CMS package,and to
      also eventually generate a sitemap.

      it seems like we have a lot of database driven pages (since its an intranet). while I would want the link checker to find broken parameters and check every URL combination, its not really necessary
      when building a sitemap. in fact I have to go through the tab generated file and remove a couple of hundred links each time I take a snapshot of the intranet.

      I can use it as it is, but its just a nice to have feature.

      > Why not simply enter the URL that the calendar pages begin with, in the
      > exclusiom list?
      >
      > e.g. http://www.host.com/cgi-bin/calendar?
      >
      > Tilman
      >
      > On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:22:34 -0000, xamaxdc wrote:
      >

      > >it would be nice if there was a way to tell Xenu whether to ignore all URL parameters, or a way to specify which URL parameters to ignore.
      > >
      > >for database driven pages (or calendar pages which use URL parameters)
      > >the list of links can be huge, because every variation in each URL
      > >parameter gives you a new link.
      > >
      > >thanks again for your program
      > >Michael

    • wpemit
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17, 2009
        I did it by the way that i installed Googlemaps on my system and configuered googlemaps by< the way i like somebody to crawl throughout my pages. Each page should have robots-meta-tag index, nofollow. Next step is to create a php-script which interprets googlemaps-xml and creates a dynamic link-list as startup for xenu.

        happyprogramming greetings
        wolfgang