new feature request

  • xamaxdc
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2009
      it would be nice if there was a way to tell Xenu whether to ignore all URL parameters, or a way to specify which URL parameters to ignore.

      for database driven pages (or calendar pages which use URL parameters)
      the list of links can be huge, because every variation in each URL
      parameter gives you a new link.

      thanks again for your program
      Michael
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2009
        Why not simply enter the URL that the calendar pages begin with, in the
        exclusiom list?

        e.g. http://www.host.com/cgi-bin/calendar?

        Tilman

        On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:22:34 -0000, xamaxdc wrote:

        >it would be nice if there was a way to tell Xenu whether to ignore all URL parameters, or a way to specify which URL parameters to ignore.
        >
        >for database driven pages (or calendar pages which use URL parameters)
        >the list of links can be huge, because every variation in each URL
        >parameter gives you a new link.
        >
        >thanks again for your program
        >Michael

      • xamaxdc
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2009
          For link checking that is what we do actually.
          currently I am using Xenu to build out a link database
          to track each page as it gets converted into a CMS package,and to
          also eventually generate a sitemap.

          it seems like we have a lot of database driven pages (since its an intranet). while I would want the link checker to find broken parameters and check every URL combination, its not really necessary
          when building a sitemap. in fact I have to go through the tab generated file and remove a couple of hundred links each time I take a snapshot of the intranet.

          I can use it as it is, but its just a nice to have feature.

          > Why not simply enter the URL that the calendar pages begin with, in the
          > exclusiom list?
          >
          > e.g. http://www.host.com/cgi-bin/calendar?
          >
          > Tilman
          >
          > On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:22:34 -0000, xamaxdc wrote:
          >

          > >it would be nice if there was a way to tell Xenu whether to ignore all URL parameters, or a way to specify which URL parameters to ignore.
          > >
          > >for database driven pages (or calendar pages which use URL parameters)
          > >the list of links can be huge, because every variation in each URL
          > >parameter gives you a new link.
          > >
          > >thanks again for your program
          > >Michael

        • wpemit
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17, 2009
            I did it by the way that i installed Googlemaps on my system and configuered googlemaps by< the way i like somebody to crawl throughout my pages. Each page should have robots-meta-tag index, nofollow. Next step is to create a php-script which interprets googlemaps-xml and creates a dynamic link-list as startup for xenu.

            happyprogramming greetings
            wolfgang