checking links in javascript

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 4, 2004
      > Eugeny,
      > quick question: can your regex handle root relative URLs too?
      > javascript:openJump('/folder/folder/file.htm');

      First, my regexp has this part :

      (?:ftp|https?)://

      It means it will catch any string that starts either from
      ftp://
      http://
      https://

      So as long as this part is inside regex, the answer is "No".

      But you can remove this part from my regexp. If you do, the regexp will
      return:

      /folder/folder/file.htm

      in your example.

      Feeding this to Xenu without adding top domain part to the URL makes no
      sense.
      There must me a synergy of regexp and programming code for concatenation of
      root relative url and base URL. This can be implemented, but i am afraid in
      this case we will not be as free as we are now in putting arbitrary regexp
      into INI file. Am I right, Tilman?

      Eugeny
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)