Re: checking links in javascript

    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 4, 2004
      hi tilman,

      this is absolutely wonderful. i tested version 1.2g(beta), and have
      the following comments:

      1. it crashed when i copied your regex with the \ and the end of the
      first line, when i removed that \ at put everything on one line it
      worked perfectly: most of the javascript links are now listed
      as "normal" links and checked - i even found some of them broken ;-)

      2. since the regex is put in the ini file, are you saying i can
      change/tweak/perfect the regex, as long as the URL part is between
      the (...) which you mentioned? Fair enough. Or would it even work
      with the regex Eugeny suggested? or is xenu expecting it in this
      particular format? Can you give more detail on this?

      3. the javascript links that were missed were mostly bad synax or
      topdomains:

      javascript:openSite('http://www.mycloud.net') -
      javascript:openSite('http://www.swisscom-
      eurospot.com/index.php/internet/de')
      javascript:openSite('http://www.telefonica.de/')
      javascript:openSite('http://www.tiscali.de')
      javascript:openSite('http://www.t-mobile.de/index')

      since these are a minority of the cases, i can manually tackle
      these. Eugeny, any suggestion here as to a regex fix? can we include
      the generic top domains in the regex, such as .com, .net etc.?

      anyway, tilman, thanks a million for trying out this option!

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)