How to split sitemap

  • jack tripper
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
      I'm looking to split my sitemap into multiple files of 40,000 each. Total sitemap is 500,000+ urls.

      What's the best way to do this? I have excel 2003 but it will only open 62,000 rows.

      Just want a simple txt sitemap. Xenu file is like 300 megs.
    • Ignacio Seron
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
        Try a free TXT editor, like notepad ++
        http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

        And then you can cut the file in pieces.

        For 300 MB you will not have problem.

        Regards.
        Ignacio

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
          Yea, was thinking of doing that.

          How can I just get the text urls tho. When I export the xenu log file it has all kinda of extra tab delimited data.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
            On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:07:33 +0100, Ignacio Seron wrote:

            >Try a free TXT editor, like notepad ++
            >http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

            Is this one better than Ultra Edit? I'd be interested in a fast viewer,
            maybe editor for huge files. I've used LIST for decades (www.buerg.com),
            but the author isn't really working on it anymore, sadly.

            Tilman
          • Ignacio Seron
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
              I can´t tell you if is better or not, but for me had worked fine.

              Here I found a comparison on text editors :
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_text_editors

              In the comparison, the list editor doesnt appear there, but Notepad++ and ultraedit appear.

              Hope it helps
              Ignacio.