Re: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
      You can put it anywhere... This is a "compiled HTML help file". There
      should be tons of such files on your system. The size of the file is
      42.918 Bytes. It is launched with C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe.

      Tilman

      On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:30:11 +0100, Thomas Fischer
      <fischer@...-goettingen.de> wrote:

      > Hello Tilman,
      >
      > > >Hi Tilman,
      > > >
      > > >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded,
      > > I only get
      > > >messages of the kind:
      > > >
      > > >Die Adresse ist ungültig.
      > >
      > > Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
      > > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
      > > again and it works.
      >
      > Probably I didn't do the right thing...
      > What am I supposed to do with http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm?
      > I downloaded it and opened the file with a double click with the result
      > described.
      > Does this probably depend on it or Xenu being in a particular
      > directory?
      >
      > All the best
      > Thomas

    • Thomas Fischer
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
        Hello Tilman,

        I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
        It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
        the right for every entry on the left.
        The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.

        All the best
        Thomas

      • Al Guevara
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
          Firewall issue?
          AL

          From: "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...-goettingen.de>
          To: <xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

        • stfcs@softhome.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
            Hi Thomas - This is a Windows security issue which does not allow Help files
            to be opened from network drives, ... A Google search will find you loads of
            help hints. Clive

            Thomas Fischer writes:

            > Hello Tilman,
            >
            > I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
            > It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
            > the right for every entry on the left.
            > The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.
            >
            > All the best
            > Thomas

            ***********************************
            * * * * Clive * * * * Sabey * * * *