AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

  • Thomas Fischer
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
      Hello Tilman,

      > >Hi Tilman,
      > >
      > >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded,
      > I only get
      > >messages of the kind:
      > >
      > >Die Adresse ist ungültig.
      >
      > Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
      > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
      > again and it works.

      Probably I didn't do the right thing...
      What am I supposed to do with http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm?
      I downloaded it and opened the file with a double click with the result
      described.
      Does this probably depend on it or Xenu being in a particular directory?

      All the best
      Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
        You can put it anywhere... This is a "compiled HTML help file". There
        should be tons of such files on your system. The size of the file is
        42.918 Bytes. It is launched with C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe.

        Tilman

        On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:30:11 +0100, Thomas Fischer
        <fischer@...-goettingen.de> wrote:

        > Hello Tilman,
        >
        > > >Hi Tilman,
        > > >
        > > >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded,
        > > I only get
        > > >messages of the kind:
        > > >
        > > >Die Adresse ist ungültig.
        > >
        > > Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
        > > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
        > > again and it works.
        >
        > Probably I didn't do the right thing...
        > What am I supposed to do with http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm?
        > I downloaded it and opened the file with a double click with the result
        > described.
        > Does this probably depend on it or Xenu being in a particular
        > directory?
        >
        > All the best
        > Thomas

      • Thomas Fischer
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
          Hello Tilman,

          I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
          It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
          the right for every entry on the left.
          The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.

          All the best
          Thomas

        • Al Guevara
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
            Firewall issue?
            AL

            From: "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...-goettingen.de>
            To: <xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

          • stfcs@softhome.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
              Hi Thomas - This is a Windows security issue which does not allow Help files
              to be opened from network drives, ... A Google search will find you loads of
              help hints. Clive

              Thomas Fischer writes:

              > Hello Tilman,
              >
              > I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
              > It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
              > the right for every entry on the left.
              > The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.
              >
              > All the best
              > Thomas

              ***********************************
              * * * * Clive * * * * Sabey * * * *