Re: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2009
      On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:12:13 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:

      >Hi Tilman,
      >
      >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded, I only get
      >messages of the kind:
      >
      >Die Adresse ist ungültig.

      Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
      again and it works.

      >Another question:
      >In my link report I have
      >http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/dissertationen/lederer-christian-2001-10-10/
      >
      >redirected to:
      >http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/frontpage.php/dissertationen/lederer-christian-2001-10-10
      ><http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/frontpage.php/dissertationen/lederer-christian-2001-10-10but>
      >
      >but when I actually try to access this page I and up with
      >http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/docviews/abstract.php?lang=ger
      ><http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/docviews/abstract.php?lang=ger&id=27459> &id=27459
      >Is there a way that this could be indicated in the report?

      The problem is that the redirected URL with
      "http://edoc.hu-berlin.de/frontpage.php..." is already external, so it
      isn't explored further. The solution would be to include some of it in
      the initial dialogbox.

      >Finally:
      >I have a list of URLs I want to have checked. But the "Check URL list"
      >function in Xenu 1.3a beta did follow links as well. Although most of the
      >external links where marked as "skip external", it must have sneeked out to
      >some sites. E.g. it checked:
      >http://scidok.sulb.uni-saarland.de/volltexte/2007/1137/
      >
      > http://scidok.sulb.uni-saarland.de/volltexte/2007/1137/blind.gif
      >
      > \_____ error code: 404 (not found)
      >

      >http://scidok.sulb.uni-saarland.de/volltexte/2007/1137/Icons/blind.gif
      >
      > \_____ error code: 404 (not found)
      >

      >Is there a way to control this? Perhaps by setting options in advance, since
      >the "Check URL list" function doesn't show the options window?

      The check URL list feature does spider. Its real purpose is to check
      several domains at once.

      Tilman

      >Cheers
      >Thomas
      >

      > _____

    • Thomas Fischer
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
        Hello Tilman,

        > >Hi Tilman,
        > >
        > >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded,
        > I only get
        > >messages of the kind:
        > >
        > >Die Adresse ist ungültig.
        >
        > Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
        > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
        > again and it works.

        Probably I didn't do the right thing...
        What am I supposed to do with http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm?
        I downloaded it and opened the file with a double click with the result
        described.
        Does this probably depend on it or Xenu being in a particular directory?

        All the best
        Thomas
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 25, 2009
          You can put it anywhere... This is a "compiled HTML help file". There
          should be tons of such files on your system. The size of the file is
          42.918 Bytes. It is launched with C:\WINDOWS\hh.exe.

          Tilman

          On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:30:11 +0100, Thomas Fischer
          <fischer@...-goettingen.de> wrote:

          > Hello Tilman,
          >
          > > >Hi Tilman,
          > > >
          > > >I couldn't find anything in the file xenu.chm I downloaded,
          > > I only get
          > > >messages of the kind:
          > > >
          > > >Die Adresse ist ungültig.
          > >
          > > Maybe you made a typo... I just tested
          > > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm
          > > again and it works.
          >
          > Probably I didn't do the right thing...
          > What am I supposed to do with http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu.chm?
          > I downloaded it and opened the file with a double click with the result
          > described.
          > Does this probably depend on it or Xenu being in a particular
          > directory?
          >
          > All the best
          > Thomas

        • Thomas Fischer
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
            Hello Tilman,

            I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
            It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
            the right for every entry on the left.
            The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.

            All the best
            Thomas

          • Al Guevara
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
              Firewall issue?
              AL

              From: "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...-goettingen.de>
              To: <xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] new help file as .chm

            • stfcs@softhome.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 26, 2009
                Hi Thomas - This is a Windows security issue which does not allow Help files
                to be opened from network drives, ... A Google search will find you loads of
                help hints. Clive

                Thomas Fischer writes:

                > Hello Tilman,
                >
                > I try to attach a screenshot of my experience with the help file.
                > It should make clear why this is useless for me; I get the same result on
                > the right for every entry on the left.
                > The size is given as 42.918 bytes as required.
                >
                > All the best
                > Thomas

                ***********************************
                * * * * Clive * * * * Sabey * * * *