Re: AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Version 1.3 released

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
      On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:04:24 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:

      >Thank you, Tilman.
      >
      >So this amount pretty much to the same as
      >
      >error code: 403 (forbidden request)
      >e.g. from http://arxiv.org/
      >
      >Could you create a way to exclude these from the error report, since they
      >are only distracting and cannot be corrected anyway?

      No - sometimes such errors are real errors. You'll never get a 100%
      result. There's always something.

      Alternatively, you could add such an URL to the exclusion list. I have
      done this for google groups.

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
        Install this version if you're in China, or use Windows 98, or check
        sites with over a million URLs (or think that Xenu uses too much memory
        space). Or install it anyway to make me a favour, to see if it runs
        fine.

        The China problem is a weird one - apparently, conversion to upper case
        doesn't work properly there, which resulted in a closing </SCRIPT>
        element not being found. Only two chinese users complained, and only the
        second one had the time to make tests with me to find out what was going
        on. And then stopped responding after I made the change :-(