AW: AW: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Version 1.3 released

  • Thomas Fischer
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
      Thank you, Tilman.

      So this amount pretty much to the same as

      error code: 403 (forbidden request)
      e.g. from http://arxiv.org/

      Could you create a way to exclude these from the error report, since they
      are only distracting and cannot be corrected anyway?

      Cheers
      Thomas

      ––––

      >Hello,
      >
      >in my link report I get for
      >http://www.liv.ac.uk/ <http://www.liv.ac.uk/>
      >error code: 400 (no object data), linked from page(s): ...
      >Can anybody tell what this means? The page looks normal to me.

      Talk to the sysadmin of that site. The site works fine when I change the
      Xenu user agent to the one of a browser. In other words - the site
      doesn't want to be scanned by Xenu.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
        On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:04:24 +0100, Thomas Fischer wrote:

        >Thank you, Tilman.
        >
        >So this amount pretty much to the same as
        >
        >error code: 403 (forbidden request)
        >e.g. from http://arxiv.org/
        >
        >Could you create a way to exclude these from the error report, since they
        >are only distracting and cannot be corrected anyway?

        No - sometimes such errors are real errors. You'll never get a 100%
        result. There's always something.

        Alternatively, you could add such an URL to the exclusion list. I have
        done this for google groups.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 29, 2009
          Install this version if you're in China, or use Windows 98, or check
          sites with over a million URLs (or think that Xenu uses too much memory
          space). Or install it anyway to make me a favour, to see if it runs
          fine.

          The China problem is a weird one - apparently, conversion to upper case
          doesn't work properly there, which resulted in a closing </SCRIPT>
          element not being found. Only two chinese users complained, and only the
          second one had the time to make tests with me to find out what was going
          on. And then stopped responding after I made the change :-(