GraphViz export

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
      There's a guy (Kevin Niehage) who has written a tool to convert the Xenu
      "Page Map" output to an input for the Graphviz software:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu%27s_Link_Sleuth#Graphical_output

      I could easily make an export in Xenu itself, if anyone is interested.
      I've already made a test (based on the source code of Kevin) but it
      isn't a menu item yet.

      So if you need it, please say so.

      Tilman
    • Ignacio Seron
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
        Hi Tilman,

        Graphviz it is a interesting application,  I didn't knew the existence.

        I think implement the conversion to Graphviz doesn't hurt( if it is not  too much work) . But I noticed if you have big URLs (more than 200 characters) the graph will be impossible to read. So maybe the conversion should use also parameters that  make the necessary spaces.

        In other point, I think it could be good to add and Extra column for the page map, this means to add a OriginPageTitle
        The title of the origin page could save extra time.

        The actual map delivers:
        OriginPage    LinkToPage    LinkToPageStatus    LinkToPageTitle    OriginPageDate

        Only if it doesn't consume too much time.

        Your tool is really helpful

        Mir freundliche Grüße.
        Ignacio.

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
          On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:16:11 +0100, Ignacio Seron wrote:

          >Hi Tilman,
          >
          >Graphviz it is a interesting application, I didn't knew the existence.
          >
          >I think implement the conversion to Graphviz doesn't hurt( if it is not too
          >much work) . But I noticed if you have big URLs (more than 200 characters)
          >the graph will be impossible to read. So maybe the conversion should use
          >also parameters that make the necessary spaces.

          I've now uploaded a new beta at

          The GraphViz export is in the menu.

          >In other point, I think it could be good to add and Extra column for the
          >page map, this means to add a *OriginPageTitle*
          >The title of the origin page could save extra time.
          >
          >The actual map delivers:
          >*OriginPage LinkToPage LinkToPageStatus LinkToPageTitle
          >OriginPageDate*
          >
          >Only if it doesn't consume too much time.

          ok, done too. Tell me if it works as intended.

          Tilman