OPTION instruction

  • Tono
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi

      How can I check with Xenu the links like?

      <option value="../../../../../amateurs/index.htm">Index</option>

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
        On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 23:38:10 +0100, Tono wrote:

        >Hi
        >
        >How can I check with Xenu the links like?
        >
        ><option value="../../../../../amateurs/index.htm">Index</option>

        not at all. IIRC, the "option" thing isn't really well defined...
        sometimes its an url, sometimes its javascript...

        Tilman
      • Tono
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
          It would be useful an instruction to process such intructions, in some cases.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2008
            I also looked on these pages:
            http://de.selfhtml.org/javascript/objekte/options.htm
            http://de.selfhtml.org/html/formulare/auswahl.htm

            it is used to chose different values in a form. It doesn't have to be an
            URL.

            Tilman

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2008
              There's a guy (Kevin Niehage) who has written a tool to convert the Xenu
              "Page Map" output to an input for the Graphviz software:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu%27s_Link_Sleuth#Graphical_output

              I could easily make an export in Xenu itself, if anyone is interested.
              I've already made a test (based on the source code of Kevin) but it
              isn't a menu item yet.

              So if you need it, please say so.

              Tilman
            • Ignacio Seron
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                Hi Tilman,

                Graphviz it is a interesting application,  I didn't knew the existence.

                I think implement the conversion to Graphviz doesn't hurt( if it is not  too much work) . But I noticed if you have big URLs (more than 200 characters) the graph will be impossible to read. So maybe the conversion should use also parameters that  make the necessary spaces.

                In other point, I think it could be good to add and Extra column for the page map, this means to add a OriginPageTitle
                The title of the origin page could save extra time.

                The actual map delivers:
                OriginPage    LinkToPage    LinkToPageStatus    LinkToPageTitle    OriginPageDate

                Only if it doesn't consume too much time.

                Your tool is really helpful

                Mir freundliche Grüße.
                Ignacio.

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
                  On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:16:11 +0100, Ignacio Seron wrote:

                  >Hi Tilman,
                  >
                  >Graphviz it is a interesting application, I didn't knew the existence.
                  >
                  >I think implement the conversion to Graphviz doesn't hurt( if it is not too
                  >much work) . But I noticed if you have big URLs (more than 200 characters)
                  >the graph will be impossible to read. So maybe the conversion should use
                  >also parameters that make the necessary spaces.

                  I've now uploaded a new beta at

                  The GraphViz export is in the menu.

                  >In other point, I think it could be good to add and Extra column for the
                  >page map, this means to add a *OriginPageTitle*
                  >The title of the origin page could save extra time.
                  >
                  >The actual map delivers:
                  >*OriginPage LinkToPage LinkToPageStatus LinkToPageTitle
                  >OriginPageDate*
                  >
                  >Only if it doesn't consume too much time.

                  ok, done too. Tell me if it works as intended.

                  Tilman