Re: [xenu-usergroup] Using Xenu to search for certain words(strings) when crawling a site

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2008
      On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:21:50 -0000, hassanm_321 wrote:

      >We created a mock site but now have the real site up with all the
      >content. Xenu is already a excellent tool. I would like to search the
      >site for example a word "Tiger" to make sure it is not carried over
      >from the old site content. I have used Xenu to look for file extensions. I was wondering can I use Xenu to search for certain words
      >on a site?

      No - Xenu is primarly a broken link tool. Not a "I wonder what's on my
      site" tool :-)

      Try the competing products (Linkbot, LinkScan, LinkAlarm and Web Link
      Validator), links on
      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

      I just tried the links, I noticed that linkbot is now on the IBM site?!
      Wondering if it still exists.