Using Xenu to search for certain words(strings) when crawling a site

  • hassanm_321
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2008
      We created a mock site but now have the real site up with all the
      content. Xenu is already a excellent tool. I would like to search the
      site for example a word "Tiger" to make sure it is not carried over
      from the old site content. I have used Xenu to look for file extensions. I was wondering can I use Xenu to search for certain words
      on a site?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2008
        On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:21:50 -0000, hassanm_321 wrote:

        >We created a mock site but now have the real site up with all the
        >content. Xenu is already a excellent tool. I would like to search the
        >site for example a word "Tiger" to make sure it is not carried over
        >from the old site content. I have used Xenu to look for file extensions. I was wondering can I use Xenu to search for certain words
        >on a site?

        No - Xenu is primarly a broken link tool. Not a "I wonder what's on my
        site" tool :-)

        Try the competing products (Linkbot, LinkScan, LinkAlarm and Web Link
        Validator), links on
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

        I just tried the links, I noticed that linkbot is now on the IBM site?!
        Wondering if it still exists.