824Re: Google sitemaps

    Mar 11, 2008
      hi chris,

      good point: i could have unchecked "check external links" before
      running the xenu report on my site.

      then the google sitemap would have included only internal links.

      but tilmann will add a patch for this anyways, as well as for the
      escaping of "&" in the generated xml.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <shinerweb@...> wrote:

      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser" <f.visser3@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hi tilman,
      > >
      > > i created a google sitemap of my site www.integralworld.net and
      noted:

      > > 1. external urls are included in this sitemap as well, is this
      > > correct? shouldn't it include only urls from the
      integralworld.net
      > > domain?
      >
      > When creating sitemaps using Xenu, I'd say the best bet is to
      create a
      > profile that only includes internal URL's. You don't want to be
      > including external domains in your sitemap.
      >

      > > 2. urls containing an & should be escaped to & to create
      valid
      > > xml. is this something that xenu can/should do as well or should
      we do
      > > this manually?
      >
      > Probably something that Xenu *should* do, but then you'll have to
      ask
      > Tilman nicely for this ;)
      >
      > I've got a few 'feature requests' I'd like to ask for, but I'm
      waiting
      > for a good day to ask for them. (But then I am a long time user of
      > another free Sitemap creation tool whose name I won't repeat here.
      > (In fact, in that support group, we often recommend Xenu as a tool
      > verify the site structure BEFORE creating a sitemap).
      > I bet Tilman can guess which application it is too ;)
      >
      > Chris

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic