25Re: External links

    Aug 1, 2004
      could not resist spidering your site ;-), got only 4 issues, 2 are
      Nedstat related non-isues, one is probaby a typo in an image name,
      the metalsgalore one i cannot figure out:

      1631 links found:

      Broken links, ordered by link:
      http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/20c/mvmnts/mb~101.jpg
      error code: 12017 (operation cancelled), linked from page(s):
      http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/20c/mvmnts/pm~unknwn.htm

      http://www.metalsgalore.com/
      error code: 403 (forbidden request), linked from page(s):
      http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/links.htm

      http://www.nedstatbasic.net/
      error code: 403 (forbidden request), linked from page(s):
      http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/index.htm

      http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=3090148
      error code: 403 (forbidden request), linked from page(s):
      http://www.nedstatbasic.net/stats?
      AC8m5ADpk2xU5bs1nk+JzrngT1ng

      4 broken link(s) reported

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser"
      <f.visser3@c...> wrote:
      > barry, tilman,
      >
      > that tip always works with "operation cancelled" or "time out"
      > issues, but never when "host not found" is reported, at least for
      > me.
      >
      > most of the time, that's caused by typos in the URLs.
      >
      > i have set the number of threads to 10 to avoid these false
      alarms.
      > when i had it set to 25 or higher, i got loads of them.
      >
      > frank
      >
      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr
      <tilman@b...>
      > wrote:
      > > Try set a lower amount of threads, and retry with CTRL-R.
      > >
      > > Tilman
      > >
      > > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 09:01:46 +0100, barrie@c... wrote:
      > >
      > > >Hi,
      > > >
      > > >I am sure that I am doing something incorrectly <grin>
      > > >
      > > >When I request a report from my actual web page many of my
      > external
      > > >links are reported faulty, with a "no such host" comment.
      > > >
      > > >What I find odd is that each of these links works quite happily
      > if I
      > > >double click the link in the error report itself, or in the web
      > page
      > > >itself.
      > > >
      > > >I have a reasonably fast connection using DSL.
      > > >
      > > >Not all external links are reported faulty, perhaps about 50%
      > > >
      > > >The url of my links page is http://www.clock-
      > museum.co.uk/links.htm
      > > >
      > > >Any help will be most gratefully received. I find Xenu
      invaluable
      > and
      > > >as I said above, I feel sure this problem is due to me being
      dim.

      > > >Barrie Smith (in sunny Kent UK)
      > > >
      > > >Visit my Virtual Clock Museum at http://www.clock-museum.co.uk/
      > > >

      > > >Yahoo! Groups Links