1753Re: [xenu-usergroup] FW: running Xenu on large ecommerce site

    Jun 18, 2014
      Hi Kristi,

      What you could do is to exclude as much URLs as possible in the initial dialog box. All links from forums, to social network sites, to bookmark sites. Also check if there is a session id in the URL.

      CMS shop sites will usually not have any broken links, except in the parts that are handcrafted.

      Btw my mail was rejected from two different addresses. One my snafu address, and the other one from my @... address, which is Germany's largest ISP. Maybe this is a dejavu of the Verizon blocking:

      Am 18.06.2014 16:24, schrieb Kristi.Kerkenbush@... [xenu-usergroup]:
      Hi Tilman,
      Thank you for your reply and I apologize your email was rejected. I'm not sure if my company rejected it or what. Anyway, I honestly don't remember how many URLs I had when I got the error but it was pretty high and yes it made sense. Our website is www.cesco.com and we have over 200,000 products for sale, with each product having at least 3-4 links on each page spec sheets, manuals, etc. Not to mention the category and filter navigation we have. I have downloaded the 64-bit version and have asked our IT department to replace the files for me, so I will see if that helps.
      Are there any settings within Xenu that I can select/deselect that would help?
      Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer assistance, I really appreciate it!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic