1748RE: [xenu-usergroup] Using Xenu to Facilitate a Move

  • Warren Van Orden
    Mar 24 10:01 AM

      If you run XENU on the site using the ip address instead of the URL you may be able to find everything you can on Local Host.

      From: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tilman Hausherr
      Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:00 PM
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Using Xenu to Facilitate a Move

      Hello,

      There is no direct way to catch these. An indirect way is to set up a local web server on your PC. This way you can fix everything before moving.

      Tilman

      Am 22.03.2014 17:29, schrieb wsm@...:

      I'm moving a web site to a different hosting service and URL.  The web site has a checkered history and is large, so not every link is "relative", some internal links probably have the fully qualified old URL and once I've switched will still go to the old server  Is there a way to use Xenu to catch these?

      Thanks.

      Bill Mosteller

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic