108checking links in javascript

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Oct 4, 2004
      > Eugeny,
      > quick question: can your regex handle root relative URLs too?
      > javascript:openJump('/folder/folder/file.htm');

      First, my regexp has this part :

      (?:ftp|https?)://

      It means it will catch any string that starts either from
      ftp://
      http://
      https://

      So as long as this part is inside regex, the answer is "No".

      But you can remove this part from my regexp. If you do, the regexp will
      return:

      /folder/folder/file.htm

      in your example.

      Feeding this to Xenu without adding top domain part to the URL makes no
      sense.
      There must me a synergy of regexp and programming code for concatenation of
      root relative url and base URL. This can be implemented, but i am afraid in
      this case we will not be as free as we are now in putting arbitrary regexp
      into INI file. Am I right, Tilman?

      Eugeny
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic