Showing off your XD pics...

  • Nick Stevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2006
      I know it's kind of borderline relevance, but people have shared tips on
      graphic web sites here before, so...

      I've been trying google analytics - you have to apply and wait but it only
      took 5 weeks for mine to come through. You add a couple of lines to the web
      pages you want to track on your site, and google then produce a mass of very
      interesting info on how people are using your site.

      Seems a lot more comprehensive than the log analysers I have seen, (and you
      don't have to maintain gigs of log files).

      Particularly impressive are the figures on what pages people come in on,
      where from, and how long they stay. And its a lot of fun to get a zoomable
      map where you can see where your audience is based.

      Of practical use to the graphic artist are the figures on the display size
      and colour depth of the viewers monitors.

      If you can copy and paste a small chunk of test into a page with notepad,
      you have the required skills!

      If anyone else is already using it, and has some tips on getting the most
      out of it, I'd be interested to hear them...

      ---
      Nick Stevens - http://www.starbase1.co.uk/graphics.htm
      DRM is killing music. And it's legal. Boycott Sony.