xTransit - The Idea Factory for small vehicle transit systems

  • Eric Britton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      xTransit – The Idea Factory for small vehicle transit

      Dear Colleague,

      The New Year brings new winds. And one of these is that this discussion group and shared library is now being re-aimed at a specific sub-set of the New Mobility Agenda.

      So, it’s 2006 and welcome to the xTransit Idea Factory – a corner of the net that we have set up at Yahoo! Groups in support of discussions and exchanges specifically on our topic: sometimes called the “third way’ of transport in cites.  The fundamental idea behind this concept is that once most of us have tasted the levels of flexibility and service associated with our own cars, at best, we are not going to be willing to climb down to something that we perceive as a lot worse.  Thus, the challenge of planners and policy makers in our crowded cities in the 21st century is that of finding ways of offering “car like mobility”, in situations in which all too often even your own car can no longer provide for you.

      As you may know, this is a focus group that has been created as a sub-set of the New Mobility Agenda at http://www.newmobility.org. If you want to talk, learn and develop ideas about xTransit specifically this is the place for you.  If your interests are broader, or other, you may do well to check out the Agenda.

      If you have questions or ideas for us that you prefer to communicate privately, here is a full set of contact information that we invite you to use precisely for that.

      It’s going to be a great year for xTransit. Blast off.

      Eric Britton

      The New Mobility Agenda is on line at http://www.newmobility.org

      Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara                     75006 Paris, France

      Tel:  +331 4326 1323                                        Skype: ericbritton

      E: mobility@...            Backup: fekbritton@...

      EcoPlan International                Innovation consultancy/advisory

      New Ways to Work in an Information Society: http://www.xWork.org

      9440 Readcrest Drive                              Beverly Hills, CA  90210

      T. +1 310 601-8468   E: eric.britton@...  Skype: xWork-on-line